Barrow Burt was Incumbent of
Anglican Church on Chester St. East in Durham, Glenelg Township, Grey
from January 1891 to March '93. He also held services in a
south of there in Egremont Township, just south of Varney on this map.
(The site is now a cemetery bearing a sign in one area designating the
old schoolyard.) Durham itself is now part of the amalgamated
municipality of West Grey.
The Burts then moved to Shediac Cape, New Brunswick.
1) West Grey Chamber of Commerce site with info
town of Durham. http://westgreychamber.ca/Durham.htm
2) More info at Grey County website. http://www.greycounty.ca/communities/durham.cfm
3) Grey Roots Heritage and Visitor Centre. http://www.greyroots.com/
4) Durham town maps:
5) Durham walking tour. http://westgreychamber.ca/Tour.htm
Back to Ontario Maps | Home
Site maintained by Norman Franke. Last modified May 2, 2007